Thursday, June 12, 2008

i love pitas so much...

...that I'm never going to buy them again! Yes, that's right. Last night, I made pitas from scratch - and oh my goodness...delicious! I sort of can't believe I didn't do this earlier. Yum yum yum. They didn't puff quite the way they were supposed to on all of them, so half of them are more like flatbread than pitas, but they're still good. I like to use them as a pizza crust and also just eat them plain with (homemade, of course) hummus. Everyone should enjoy it. I used the recipe from this website and it worked out pretty well (I used 2 cups all-purpose flour and 1 cup wheat flour - read the comments on the website for variations that work). If you like pitas, try it out.

the pita pizza. yum.

6 comments:

Shannon said...

delish! it looks a little deformed though, but still, exciting.

Jared and Megan said...

oh wow. yum. I'm going to try this sometime.

Jared and Megan said...

Ok I just thought of something... how about you make me some? Then I can know if I *really* want to bake these. Then I can get a little taste of what to expect. Then... I can have some yummy pitas.

Janeite42 said...

They look good! I have an idea too. Why don't you make me some and then I can know if I really want to bake these. I'll be there next weekend...

lindsay and mark said...

Can you make me that when I come back to Provo?

lindsay and mark said...

So then you agree to a pita night?? We can host it at my place and you can cook!! Eh? Eh?