Tuesday, November 11, 2008

veteran's day

I just finished reading this article on CNN about a medic who fought in WWII and was put in a POW camp for a few months before it was liberated. I think his story is amazing, not because of what he survived, but because of what he did while he was there. He felt it was his duty to record everything that happened to him, and even after the war, he wasn't allowed to say anything about it.

I am so grateful for those people who have served and do serve our country in any capacity. I obviously don't agree with war, but I am grateful that there are people who are willing to put others before themselves even if it means they will lose their own life.


"You only live once. Let's keep trucking. If we don't do that, who's going to do it for us? We have to be happy. Why hate?" he says. "The world is full of hate, and yet they don't know what they want.


Thanks to those veterans.

No comments: